Saturday, April 19, 2014

Food Event

On Wednesday I went to Campus trends food event. I was really glad I went to this event because I unexpectedly received a great meal. I had a spinach salad with cranberries topped with a tasty red vinaigrette dressing to start off with. The main dish was a potato fritter type thing and flat-dish vegetarians pizza. For desert there was some great chocolate cookies. Limeade and tea was available for drink. Not thinking there would be food there I made the tragic mistake of eating before hand, and doubling down on dinner made me a little drowsy.

I didn't really hear much conversation about the upcoming plans for the Campus trends, but if turnout is any sign things look promising. I asked around a little bit but I am not sure how they are going to get funding for all of these great things, like setting up another cafeteria in the basement of the Bernard center.

For entertainment there was poetry reading, stand-up comedy, and live music (mostly acoustic folk stuff) at the end they had a jazz/rock band that was really good. Don Conney got on stage and asked to people to sign a petition to get western to de invest from oil companies. I found out that many colleges around the country have de invested their money from oil companies and Western is now following the trend.

It was all very entertaining and informative.I am glad I went.

1 comment:

  1. I really wish I could have gone, but I had class during that time. The food sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete