Saturday, April 5, 2014

Raza Ria

I went with my dad to Raza Ria, a Malaysian and Indonesian restaurant on West Main yesterday. Raza Ria is in the midst of semi-strip mall type buildings that dot West Main after you have traveled out of downtown and past the Henderson castle. The inside was nothing fancy, little more than cafeteria table and chairs like most cheap Chinese restaurants. The place had a unique smell that is hard to describe. The room was loud as the chatter from the kitchen overflowed into where the customers eat. A teenager of Malaysian or Indonesian descent but fully Americanized took our order and we sat down. I ordered shrimp and chicken mixed with vegetables and my dad ordered rice and beef. My order looked and tasted like a a typical order from any Asian restaurant. I was somewhat disappointed because I was hoping for something a tad more exotic. My dads order looked like dog food, one can't judge food by what it looks like but in this case you could, it was sort sort of beef dish. My dad got sick a day after the meal but I am not sure it's because of the food he ate; it's a mystery. If I go back to Raza Ria again I think I will make sure to order something more exotic, I enjoyed the vibe of the restaurant but the food I received but the food  was a tad too generic compared to what I had hoped for. Just by talking to the customer service person I learned a lot about Malaysia. If you ever do go to Malaysia don't bring any drugs because the punishment for that is death, also don't order the beef.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your Dad got sick from the meal! Certain foods don't set well with me either so I completely get that. "Also don't order the beef..." chuckled at that.

    ReplyDelete